Spate of local burglaries
POLICE have issued a warning after a spate of burglaries in Bristol.
Two properties on Sandyleaze in Coombe Dingle, a property on Falcondale Walk in Westbury-on-Trym and a property on Gloucester Road in Almondsbury have all been burgled.
The burglaries happened on Tuesday 3 March between 7-9pm. Police are now appealing for more information. A number of items were stolen including jewellery and a TV.
In all three instances, the suspects gained entry by smashing the rear patio doors of the property. It is believed all the burglaries were carried out by two to four men who were disturbed by the victims before fleeing the scene. Police are asking residents who live in the area and noticed any individuals or vehicles acting suspiciously or have home CCTV/Ring doorbell systems, to please check their footage and get in touch if they have any information that can help.
Following these incidents, Avon and Somerset Constabulary issued burglary prevention advice:
• Lock all your windows and doors every time you leave your house - even if you are just in the garden – and remembering to double lock UPVC doors.
• Keep entrances to your property easily visible by ensuring nearby hedges and trees are well maintained.
• Make sure boundaries to your property – including fencing and walls – are in a good state of repair.
• Ensure any side gates are securely locked to prevent unwanted access to the rear of your property.
• Where possible install a visual burglar alarm and an outside security light, ideally one of which is sensor-activated.
• Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
•Remove keys from door locks and store them out of sight.
• Store any high value items such as jewellery and passports in a properly secured and hidden safe or bank vault.
• Where possible, leave radios and lights in your house on a timer.
If you have any information which could help the inquiry, please call 101 and provide the call handler with the reference 5220052396.